Sustainably sourced fish, lightly prepared with allergy-friendly recipes that are...
My name is Frederica, but most people call me Freddie, and I work at Gorton’s Seafood. When my son was a baby, he was diagnosed with numerous life threatening food allergies. As a result, my husband and I are always on the lookout for new foods he can eat. Our sweet spot is delicious, high-quality foods that we can all enjoy together.
My son is almost 12 and a huge Hook Line and Savor fan!
While we found some great choices, I quickly realized that there were no prepared seafood products that met our needs. What I really wanted was delicious allergy-friendly recipes with the same quality of fish that we cook with at home from a company that was committed to sustainability and giving back.
I searched and searched and would share my frustrations with my colleagues at work. Over time my general “I wish” statements morphed into “we could do this” idea sessions. Then at a certain point this now group of six co-workers decided instead of just talking about it, let’s actually do it! Hook Line and Savor was born!
We came from different groups within the company and had different dietary restrictions (and aspirations), but we all had a similar sense of humor, an absolute love of food, and a bent for problem solving and community involvement.
It took us two long years of brainstorming product ideas, developing and testing recipes, re-developing and re-testing recipes, re-developing and re-testing recipes again, and identifying and partnering with suppliers to get to the point where the products fulfilled our vision. We could not have gotten to where we are today on this journey without the support of Gorton’s Seafood, who believed in our idea and most importantly let us run with it!
We hope you enjoy our menu as much as we do! Please let us know what you think, because while we are incredibly proud of our products, we are always looking for ways to improve!
- Inspired recipes that are deep down delicious
- Gluten-free and allergy-friendly
- High quality, responsibly sourced seafood
- Credible 3rd party certification or fishery improvement project
- Dedication to continuous improvement
- Full traceability
- Partnership with SeaShare to bring seafood to those in need
- Son has life-threatening food allergies
- Connoisseur of stadium and arena food
- BS MIT, MBA Wharton
- Father of two seafood-loving girls
- Novice backyard chicken farmer
- BS WPI
- Wife of a Gloucester Fisherman
- Homebrew kombucha aficionado
- BS and MS University of Maine
- Foods and flavor adventurist
- Coconut rye beer brewmaster
- BS University of Massachusetts, Amherst